Saturday, March 8, 2014

Crazy Week, or Crazy Saturday

So much happened this week! I will try to keep the email short so that you don't all feel like you're reading a novel!

On Wednesday we had a Sisters' Training in Arkansas (I can't remember the city). It was so awesome, I really loved it and I learned so much! Sister Shumway showed us a video about Esther and talked about courage and dignity, and then invited us to read the book of Esther, I've been working on that in my personal studies. It's so good! She is such an inspiration! President Shumway talked about measuring ourselves with God's ruler, not ours. He invited us to go to the topical guide and read all the scriptures there about peace. It seems like kind of a big assignment, but it's not really that much.

On Thursday and Friday we did exchanges with the Owasso Sisters, I was in Owasso with Sister A, who came out on the same day that I did! That was a little scary. We have both been out for just barely a month and we were taking over the area! They do a scripture study every week, it's pretty cool. Mostly members go right now, but they are hoping that people will start bringing friends.
After we exchanged back at the stake center, we headed to the mission home to exchange with the sisters in Sapulpa. I was with Sister S here in Fair Oaks! It went pretty well (:

After we exchanged back on Saturday we Sister L and I had a lesson with one of our progressing investigators. We taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, endure to the end). It was an amazing lesson. After we went over all the steps Sister L asked him what baptism would mean to him. He knew where we were headed with the question and told us that he wanted to make sure that he was really ready before he got baptized. We suggested that he set a goal of a specific date for him to work towards and if he didn't feel ready by then, we could move it. He agreed and we set a date for April 12th! We are so excited! Sister L told me about the first few times she met and taught him, he has grown so much! I am so grateful that I got to have a small part in his conversion.

Oh man! I ran out of time! I will write about the rest of my week in my letter home. I haven't even gotten to the best parts yet! Mom, could you type the letter up and post it on my blog please?
Love,
Sister Fleck ♥

Here is the video she spoke about
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-03-30-for-such-a-time-as-this?lang=eng  

Here is another video that is wonderful I found when searching for the other one.
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-03-084-when-all-is-said-and-done?lang=eng

The song is When All Is Said And Done by Kathrine Nelson (I found it on the EFY 1999 album)

Continuing :D
Let's see, where was I?  I believe Sister L was in Sapulpa.  It was nice to exchange back, because of how the exchanges worked Sister L and I hand only been together for about an hour in a 36 - 48 hour period.  For roommates this doesn't seem like much, but for companions that's madness!

After exchange we taught one of our investigators the Gospel of Jesus Christ...wait, how much of this did I already talk about?  I think I finished that part... either way, HE HAS A BAPTISIM DATE!!! YAY!  So a couple of weeks ago when I was in Owasso with Sister E we had dinner with this investigator whose son was baptized about 4 years ago. While I was there the son was asking what my area boundaries are.  I told him and gave me his dad and step-mom's address.  Sister L and I stopped by there last Sunday.  One question we ask as missionaries is if they go to church and where they go.  They go to church at -------- on Saturdays.  They invited us to go and we can go to just about any church (there are a couple that we're not allowed to go to) as long as we're invited by an investigator and as long as it doesn't interfere with our church.  So, we went! It was a is this non-denominational Christian Church, to be honest, it didn't feel much like church, that I am use to anyway.
Sunday was good. Church as almost canceled because of the weather.  Sister L and I were really glad that it wasn't because we really felt like we needed church after Saturday's, like we needed to be reminded what church should be like!

The weather was insane though! It was snowing, hailing and raining at one point and it hailed sideways for a while!  We felt really bad for the Indian Springs Elders who are on bikes! :(
Today (Monday) We went to the mall! IT was a lot of fun! I found a couple of small things.  Nothing major though.
I love you all! I hope you have a wonderful week!
Scripture of the week 1 Nephi 17:13
  13 And I will also be your alight in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my               commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led.

I hope you all know how much your Heavenly Father loves you and that He will be "Your" light in the wilderness if you let Him

Love Sister Fleck


Lizzie does a Sticky Note of the Week to us this week's quote was
"Who are the members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?
We are a people who love the Lord with all our hearts, souls and minds.  And we are a people who love our neighbors as ourselves"
Joseph B. Wirthin

No comments:

Post a Comment