Monday, January 19, 2015

Another week!

This week was great!
On Wednesday we had District Meeting, Sister Shumway came! Afterwards she went on an exchange with Sister P and I! That was pretty fun! We saw the ---'s. It went really well. Sister Shumway is actually a big part of the reason that Brother --- got baptized, so it was cool to have her come.
Sister Shumway extended us a little invitation... getting 40 lessons! Right now Sister P and I are kind of struggling to get 20 (the standard of excellence)... I think we're left in a bit of a slump from the Holidays, so 40 is a big goal, but we can totally do it. Besides, what better way to get out of a slump that to shoot way over where you are wanting to be?
On Friday we had a really good day. It was freakishly warm (60 degrees... what?) So we were able to walk since the Elders had the car this week.
On Saturday we had lunch with the ----'s, right after Brother --- got his Patriarchal Blessing! Their home is such a great environment for the spirit (:
Well, I think that's about it that happened this week...
What should I talk about this week?
Prayer and Heavenly Fathers love? Perfect!


I have gained such a testimony of prayer on my mission. I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers. Sister P and I taught the lesson this week in Relief Society, and it was on Prayer. In the lesson there was a poem that President Benson learned as a youth.

I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late.
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blest.

I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers your prayers, because he loves you. Prayer isn't like us leaving a voicemail for Heavenly Father, it is like a two way phone call. He hears us as we are speaking, and answers us, but only if we are listening!
I love you all, and I know that Heavenly Father loves you!
Love,
Sister Fleck ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment