Monday, June 9, 2014

Hello Ozark, Missouri!

This week was crazy! Not too much happened in Pawhuska, I feel like all we did the last couple of days there was pack and get the area ready for two new sisters! That was kind of stressful. I am still a little worried that we didn't prepare it well enough and we added more stress to the new sisters! When we were packing I realized that  I had accumulated a lot of stuff because I had to have two extra boxes and a garbage bag with stuff in it, so, before next transfers I will be sending some stuff home! Probably clothes that I won't need until winter.

Thursday was Transfer day. We had to wake up bright and early to get there on time. 3:30 to be exact. We had to leave at 5:00. Normally, if I had to leave at 5 AM I wouldn't wake up until like 4:45, but we had to get ready, make sure we had all of our stuff and make sure that we had all the notes that the new sisters would need. It's kind of unfortunate that we had to get ready because, even though, deep down you don't care what you look like at 3:30, part of you still does on transfer day because you will be meeting your new companion and if you're going to a new area you'll be meeting members and investigators, so you want to make a good impression. So, we left Pawhuska for the last time, and it was very sad. I kind of wanted to cry, but I didn't, I was proud of myself for that. We got the stake center in Tulsa and then got on our vans. Sister S and I were hoping to be on a van together, but we weren't. We were going opposite directions ): so I said goodbye to Sister S and got on the van. After about an hour of being on the van I then had to say goodbye to Oklahoma. ):

But, I got to say hello to Missouri! Soon after we got into Missouri it started to rain like crazy! I've never seen it rain like that in my life! When we got to my stop it was just insane! When we stopped we were in the "meat" (as one of the members called it) of the storm. The Elders were getting our bags off of the trailer and they were all disheveled, some of them had taken their ties off so they wouldn't get ruined and their shirts were coming untucked, it was crazy. So then we (the Sisters) were standing there waiting for our bags or our companions, we looked like we had just gotten out of the shower fully dressed! Elders were, very kindly, handing us umbrella's, but at that point it was kind of useless! After that madness we got into the car with the member who was giving us a ride home.

We live with a member in their basement, it's kind of an interesting situation. Brother F is a member and his wife isn't. She is so nice to us. She kept telling us that if we needed anything food wise we could come up and get stuff out of their fridge. I unpacked a little bit, mostly just my clothes, then we went out. I can't remember everyone we met. I know we met the Ward Mission Leader. It's kind of crazy here, we had a ward mission leader and an assistant ward mission leader. I've never been in an area that has an assistant ward mission leader! We also have ward missionaries, which is very nice because we didn't have any in Pawhuska.
Ozark is really nice. It's a big town/small city. They have a Wal-Mart, which is very exciting!
On Friday we did Weekly Planning, so I got to learn about all of our investigators and the less-actives that we visit. Saturday and Sunday were normal missionary days. I met a lot of people!
I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all!
Sister Fleck ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment