Monday, December 29, 2014

B'Ville here I come!!!!

For those of you who know the areas in my mission, B'ville is either Bartlesville, or Bentonville, I'll just leave you guessing as to which one until the end of the email >.<

This week, while awesome, was kind of slow. It was hard to see people with Christmas coming up. We were also changing our focus a little bit. But, this week, whenever we looked at the directory to try and decide who to go see, nothing stood out. We decided to just tract, after all, that is what the 1st Presidency wanted. So, that's what we did. We weren't able to share He is the Gift with a ton of people, but I felt a little bit better because I felt more like I was doing what the Lord wanted me to do.

On Tuesday we met this cool potential investigator in Okmulgee. I had written down her address on Friday as we were leaving Okmulgee. She had a cute Christmas yard blow-up things, and lots of lights. One of her blow ups was this T-Rex wearing a Santa hat with a present in his mouth and his head kind of shakes back and forth like he's trying to open it with his mouth. I had to knock on her door to tell her how much my brother would love it! She was really cool and said we could come back sometime! :D We also tracted into this man with a wooden leg named Smith, we forgot to ask about the name of his other leg. HAHAHAHAHA Just kidding... (See Christmas Eve for an explanation of the corny joke!)

Wednesday was Christmas Eve! We had a district outing in Broken Arrow, we watched Frozen and played games! It was a lot of fun! Frozen is so good! I was excited to be able to watch it again! When we got back Sister B--- and I went to ---'s for a couple of minutes because she said we could borrow some of her movies. We borrowed a ton, way more than we knew we could watch, we just wanted to make sure we had plenty of options. We ended up watching Mary Poppins on Christmas Eve because I didn't know if we would be able to finish a movie or not by the time we got back for the night, so, we picked one we wouldn't mind not finishing. Of course, I had no idea that Mary Poppins is basically the longest Disney movie ever! If we had picked a different one we probably would have been able to finish it, but that's ok, Mary Poppins is good!

Christmas was great! We got to call home, and that was awesome! Most of the day we hung out at our apartment and watched movies. We watched Cinderella 3, The Gnome Mobile, and Princess Diaries, then we went to ---'s again. She had her son for Christmas and she really wanted us to meet him, so we went by there for a little bit. Then we had dinner with Sister --- and her two adorable little girls. It was a lot of fun (: after dinner we watched Princess Diaries 2 and then we went to bed.

On Friday we weekly planned. It went well and we got it all done, yahoo! We also saw our investigator ---, her mom and grandma are members. She is really sweet.

On Saturday we went to Okemah, but not much happened there... we came back and did some Family History, that was fun. I like Family History a lot. Then it was Transfer Calls!!! *dun dun dun!!!!*
I am leaving. Sister B--- is staying here with Sister K---.

My new companion will be Sister P---- There are 3 Sister P--- in the mission, I know all 3 of them, but I'm pretty sure I know which one will be my companion (: I am going to be in... BARTLESVILLE!!! I am pretty stoked! Sister P--- is really sweet, and I think we'll have a lot of fun together.

Sunday was good. The High councilman over missionary work came to the ward, and we went out and visited a couple of people in Okmulgee with him and Sister --- after church. We had dinner with the ---. I love them a lot. They're super cool.

I hope you all had a very merry CHRISTmas.



I have loved this Christmas with He is the Gift. It has really reminded me what is truly important at the Holiday season. I am excited for this new year. I am excited to continue to progress and become a better person through the Atonement of my Savior. I know that he is my Savior, and your Savior and through him we can become better. I invite you all to set a resolution to become a little better this new year! Use the Atonement. Anytime we choose to become better, we are using the Atonement! How great is that?

Love,
Sister Fleck

Oklahoma Tulsa Mission, Tulsa zone. December 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment