Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Let's see if I can remember what happened this week. I forgot my planner and I usually rely on that to help me remember...

On Tuesday we decided to walk a little bit and we talked to two people. --- and ---. We talked to --- first, he was working on his truck, to be precise, he was putting a second air horn on it. That's right. He already had one, and he was adding on a second one. We told him who we were, and he said that he would be done in about and hour and that we could come back and talk to him. --- was standing on her porch and her little dog tried to eat us. We talked to her a little bit and she told us that she was going to be going to New Mexico for her son's wedding. We told her that we believe in eternal families and that families can go to the temples and be sealed for eternity. She seemed pretty interested and we'll be going back in a week for two after she gets back from New Mexico!

After we talked to her we headed back to talk to ---. He had run into some hiccups with his air horn, so he was still working on it. He told us about things he had faced in his life, and he's had a pretty crazy life. When we went back to see him a few days later his daughters were there, which was cool. He's a pretty cool guy!

On Saturday we went to this little town called Okmeah because we have an investigator that lives there and a few less-actives. We haven't been able to teach the investigator, --- since he lives kind of far. He comes to church almost every Sunday, but he gets a ride from members and they leave pretty soon after church is over. So we just decided to go out there! When we went he was sleeping (we woke him up... oops), so we didn't get a full lesson in, but he did tell us that he knows that Joseph Smith is a prophet! YAY!!!

We had 7 investigators at church this week! It was pretty crazy stuff!

Guess what? Zone Conference was this Tuesday, and Elder Allan Packer is coming. He wanted to interview 4 missionaries at each conference. President Shumway picked me as one of the four for our trizone! The interview was not as big of a deal as I thought haha! He mostly asked if I was still worthy to be a missionary, which I am very grateful that I was able to say yes to!
Anyway, this week was awesome!

One thing I've noticed on my mission is that I love the scriptures about light, such as 1 Nephi 17:13 or Mosiah 16:9, I think that it is because Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are light. As we become more like them, we gather more light!


Love,
Sister Fleck♥

Below are some pictures of Sister Fleck and her companion with their Halloween treats :) And one a sweet sister in their stake sent me of them at Stake Conference.





No comments:

Post a Comment