Monday, August 25, 2014

A lot happened this week. I'm sure many of you have heard about the tragedy my mission experienced Friday and Saturday. On the way to Tulsa for a Zone Conference four missionaries were involved in a car accident. Three of them were okay, minor injuries, but at 3 AM Sister V-- passed away. It has been very sad and even though I had never met Sister V-- I felt like I had lost a very dear friend. The missionaries in the Oklahoma Tulsa Mission are like family. However, we know where Sister V-- is and what she is doing there right now (http://www.mormon.org/beliefs/plan-of-salvation). We know that Sister V--'s missionary work is continuing, just in a different way. In an email to all the missionaries President Shumway said, "[Sister Shumway and I] are certain that Sister V-- is busy with her work on the other side…. But she was trained here… in the OTM. I like to think that she has just raised the standard for missionary work on the other side to a whole new level."

On Wednesday we had Zone Conference, it was an amazing Zone Conference! Sister P--- (my companion in the MTC) was there! YAY! I haven't seen her in seven months!! I learned so much and I am excited to start studying my notes and re-learning from them! President Shumway is so inspired. I always learn so much from him!

Saturday was transfer calls, and boy were Sister S--- and I surprised! She is going to St. Roberts 1st and will be with Sister E---, and I am going to Navada, MO (Nuh-vay-duh) with Sister W---. Yep. I'm shotgunning out again!

Didn't see that one coming!!

Well, that's all I can think to say in this email.

I know that Heavenly Father knows what he's doing. There aren't accidents, which can be hard to accept sometimes, but I know that he loves us, and he gives us the tools we need to overcome our struggles, we just have to be willing to recognize them.

I love you all. Please keep Sister V--'s family in your prayers.

Love,
Sister Fleck



No comments:

Post a Comment