Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Temple!!

So, this post is a few days late, but, I'm still doing it. On the 30th of November I was able to go to the temple and receive my endowments. When you hear a Mormon refer to receiving, or taking out their endowments, it means that they have gone to the temple and they have made ordinances and covenants with the Lord. If you have any questions about what happens in the temple, take a look at this article.

There are currently (as of December 2013) 141 temples in operation around the world, and 17 in Utah, I chose to go to the Mount Timpanogos Temple, mostly because it is closest to me. It is a beautiful building.

I was kind of nervous the night before. It was a good nervous, I was nervous because I knew that I was taking a big step in my life. A step that I had been working for, for a long time.

I invited my closest friends and family who have also received their endowments, since to go through the ceremony you have to have received your endowments.

My mom and I had to be there at 5:30 so that I could meet with the Temple Matron (the wife of the Temple President), and have a short meeting with her. During the endowment session I felt the spirit stronger than I ever have before in my life. During sacrament meeting, or other times when I feel the spirit I feel warm in my chest, near my heart, but while I was in the temple, I felt warmth everywhere, emanating from the very depths of my... the only word I can think of, is the depths of my soul. I know that sounds a little weird, but that's what it felt like.

After the endowment session, we went into the Celestial Room, where we could stay as long as we wanted. As I came around the corner, I saw my parents, and I just gave them the biggest hugs. It was so good seeing them there. As we sat in the Celestial Room, I remembered that I was sealed to my parents for all eternity, and that I would be able to see my friends in the eternity, and I felt so loved. I knew that this was all a reminder of how much my Heavenly Father loves me, I was reminded that he knows me by name and that he wants me to be happy.

I hope you know how much your Heavenly Father loves you. He knows you by name, he knows what you will do in any given circumstance. He loves you more than you can comprehend. This is something that I know without a doubt.


Mom, Dad, and I infront of the temple (:

No comments:

Post a Comment